Do you know about the legend behind Holi? It is said that Lord Krishna was often very concerned about the colour of his skin and was worried that Radha would not like him. His adoptive mother, Yashoda suggested that he apply colour on Radha and that would make her look like him.
And that was the very first Holi celebration!
Today, Holi has become a lot more colourful, lot more vibrant and maybe slightly irritable to the skin too – unless you are consciously making the effort to pick natural colours or powders that are gentler on your skin, you really don’t know what the colours are made of.
If you are gearing up to play Holi this year, it might be prudent to spend a little time taking care of your skin – after all, the festival might just be a day, but the impact it leaves on your skin, might last a lot longer!
But there is no need to worry or panic – you will not have to give up on playing with colours or any of the festivities, because you have indē wild by your side; after all, what are our AM & PM Skin Serums for!
Give your skin a little love and care, take a few precautions and you can go out and have all the fun you want, this Holi!
Let’s start with what you need to do before you head out for your Holi celebrations:
- Ideally, the day before Holi, you should be in the process of prepping your skin – this means that you should apply a good layer of oil (coconut, almond and olive work the best) all over your body. Not only will your skin feel hydrated, it will also ensure that the colours don’t get absorbed into your skin.
- For your face, you need a little bit of the AM serum in the morning and a little bit of PM serum at night. As a matter of fact, you should make indē wild’s skin care serum products a part of your regular regime, starting today!
- Cleaning your skin is important, but so is toning it – our AM serum has niacinamide in it, which helps reduce enlarged pores and the ashwagandha can assist in keeping the pores clean too. When the size of the pores is smaller, the colours will not be able to seep through.
- The night before your big Holi bash, make sure that you apply the suggested amount of PM serum on your skin, because it will work at rejuvenating and replenishing your skin overnight.
- You really will not need any makeup, because you are anyway going to get drenched in colours. But should you use the AM serum, you can be sure that you will have that natural glow and who doesn’t want that sun-kissed look, when they are headed to a celebration!
- And before you step out, do remember to apply some SPF, because the sun might not be as generous on your skin, as indē wild products.
Once you are done playing and are back home, here is all that you need to do to ensure that your skin is back to being healthy and glowing:
- Your very first step needs to be washing your face and body – it would be a good idea to double cleanse - use an oil based cleanser first and then, you can follow it with a really mild and gentle face wash to clean your face and a gentle soap to wash your body. And as tempted you are to scrub your skin, try not to, because it could cause a lot more damage.
- While a lot of people think that hot water would be a good way to remove the colours, it is lukewarm water that works best. Moreover, warm water will not strip your skin of the natural hydration, the way hot water can.
- After you have removed all the colour, you need to make sure that you give your skin the rejuvenation and repair that it needs and the PM skin care serum is perhaps one of the best options. Apply as directed and you will notice that your skin is feeling healthier the very next morning. The rosehip oil will provide natural moisture and hydration to the skin, while the squalane will soothe and help heal your skin.
- In case your face is still feeling tired or affected by the colours, you can try some homemade face packs, using natural ingredients such as yoghurt, honey and aloevera.
When you have the power duo; a set of best skin care serums from indē wild by your side, you and your skin will be all set for Holi!