The summers are here and while we are busy lathering our skin in sunscreen and ensuring that you keep it covered as much as possible, do we really pay as much attention to our hair too?
Our scalp tends to sweat (a lot for some people and a little for some) and that sweat just settles down and becomes a magnet for all the dust and pollutants that constantly surround us. The combination of the sweat and pollutants is not the best for your hair.
So, what would be the best thing to do? Wash your hair every day, right? Wrong!
There are actually plenty of misconceptions when it comes to summer hair care. At indē wild, we not only aim at bringing you some of the one stop solution products for your hair and skin, but also information that makes sense!
Here are just some of the tips that you can use on how to take care of hair in summer at home:
- Summer is a really great time to try out those shorter hairstyles – when you trim off the split ends and you get a shorter hair style, you have less hair to worry about. And then there is also the fact that shorter hair styles will leave you feeling and of course, looking cooler during the hot summer months.
- While standing under the shower might feel really nice, it might not be the best thing for your hair. Every time you wash your hair, every time you use shampoo, you are actually stripping your hair of the natural oils, which will make your hair dry and brittle and more prone to breakage.
- And no matter how oily or greasy your hair might be feeling, you cannot omit your regular champi from your summer hair care routine – you need to take the 2-3 pipettes of our Champi hair oil, warm it up just a little and then give yourself a soothing massage, while applying the oil into your scalp and length of your hair. Leave the oil for at least 2 hours, before using a really gentle shampoo to wash off the excess.
- While we are on the topic of shampoo, you might want to switch to a gentler shampoo for the summer months, something that offers greater moisturisation to your hair. Same goes for the conditioner; look for something that offers extra moisture and helps lock in the hydration!
- Summers are also a great time to leave your hair just be – leave all those styling products and heat-based tools for absolute emergencies. The more heat you apply to the hair during the summers, the more damage you might be inviting. And in case you do need to style your hair, try some natural styles – wash your hair in the night and lightly braid your almost dry hair and in the morning, you will wake up to a gorgeous beachy wave!
- In case it’s the frizz that really gets to you during the summer months, then one of the easiest things for you to do would be to take a teeny tiny drop of our Champi hair oil and run it through the length of your hair. The gentle weight of the oil will keep your hair down, while the oil will nourish the strands.
- Summers also mean beach vacays and poolside parties, which means that your hair is bound to come into contact with salty or chlorinated water. Here’s another one of our hair care tips - the easiest way to protect your hair would be to either oil your hair or invest in a really good leave-in conditioner prior, creating a barrier that would protect your strands.
- As is the case with any other season, during the summers too, you need to make sure that you eat right and have plenty of water. As a matter of fact, during the summer months, you might want a lot more water and water rich fruits and veggies in your daily diet.
Perhaps one of our most crucial hair care tips for summer would be to invest in a bottle of our Champi hair oil, if you already have not, and in case you already own a bottle, make sure that you replenish your stocks!