Every once in a while, there comes a situation where we need to travel and that often means having to pack a bag. Most of us, choose to pack practically – we pack only what we consider essential. So, there will be clothes, inners and we will carry our toothbrush and hair comb. However, when you are packing your bag, you need to make sure that you have a proper travel skin care kit, that contains not only products for your skin care routine, but also your hair care. Just because you are on the road doesn’t mean that you leave your self-care at home!
Here are some easy ways for you to take care of your skin and hair while on the go:
- Hydrate – Drinking water is one of the easiest ways to take care of your skin and hair, no matter where you are. Make sure that you drink at least 3 to 4 litres of water a day and this will ensure that your body is hydrated from within.
- Eat right – What you put into your body is what is going to be visible on the outside of your body. Even when you are travelling, you need to make sure that you eat right. Include as much fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet as possible – at the hotel buffet, head straight to the soup and salad bar first and end the meal with some fruits. You can even pick nuts, yoghurt and sauteed greens.
- Cleanse your skin and hair – Even when you are travelling, your day should start and end with a proper cleanse. While you should be washing your face a minimum of once a day, washing the hair should happen at least once a week, even when you are travelling. This is essential because it will remove all the dirt and grime that your skin and hair might accumulate when outdoors. This is why your hair and skin care travel bag must have a mild cleanser and a small bottle of your regular shampoo. In case you are planning a longer travel, we suggest you carry your bottle of Champi hair oil too and oil your hair for a minimum of 15 minutes, before washing it off.
- Bring your own – Although the cute little bottles of products that your hotel would provide might look cute, they might not be the best option for your skin and hair. It is best that you carry your travel skin and hair care products, because these are what work for you. You can invest in the small sized travel bottles that you can find quite easily these days and fill them up before your travel. We suggest that you carry your favourite face cleanser for sure and shampoo and conditioner, if you are planning a slightly longer stay.
- Moisturise and nourish – No matter how short or long your trip; just like washing your face, moisturising and nourishing it every day is just as important. This means that your skin care travel kit needs to have bottles of our AM Sunrise Glow Serum as well as our PM Sunset Restore Serum. So, while the AM serum will ensure that your skin looks its glowing best through the day, the PM Serum will allow your skin to replenish and rejuvenate as you sleep. If you can spare the time, give your skin a gentle massage every day too, to get the blood flowing!
- Sun protect your skin – No matter which part of the world you are travelling to, no matter how cold or hot the weather might be there, you need to make sure that you carry your bottle of sunscreen as well. You can invest in travel sized sunscreens, which will fit in easily into any travel kit or even your handbag. Make sure that you do not step out without using it – whether you are heading to the pool side or you are off to a meeting, sun protect your skin at all times!
- Look but don’t touch – We know that you love your skin, but as much as possible, try not to touch it. After all, you are not sure what all your hands have come into contact with. Your hands touching your skin are the easiest way to transfer bacteria and germs to your skin!
At indē wild, not only can you buy travel sized bottles of our AM and PM serum, but also the most adorable On the Glow Bag, which will be the perfectly stylish way to carry all your skin and hair care essentials. Traveling on your mind? Pack your on the go bag with all the indē wild essentials first!