You love your hair! You are constantly trying out new hairstyles, you have coloured your hair and you make sure that once every 3-4 months, you get a hair trim as well.
However, you are losing hair and you can feel that loss of volume, and you are not sure why that is happening. Understanding the causes of hair loss is step one to reducing the same.
Let’s start with what causes hair breakage
Losing 100 strands of hair a day is considered normal and natural, but anything more than that, might be an indication that something is wrong. Now, it is not possible to count every strand you are losing, but if you are seeing a lot more hair that normal on your brush, pillow or bathroom floor, you can take it, that are losing hair.
- Excessive heat styling - Frequent use of heat styling tools, such as flat irons and curling wands, can strip the hair of its natural moisture, leading to dryness, brittleness, and ultimately, breakage.
- Chemical treatments - Harsh chemical treatments, including bleaching, colouring, and perming, can weaken the hair structure, making it more prone to breakage.
- Poor hair care habits - Vigorous brushing, especially when the hair is wet, and using tight hair ties or tight hairstyles, can cause stress on the strands, leading to breakage.
- Environmental factors - Exposure to harsh environmental conditions, such as sun, wind, and pollution, can contribute to hair damage and breakage over time.
- Nutritional deficiencies - A lack of essential nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, can weaken the hair shaft, making it more susceptible to breakage.
How to stop hair breakage naturally
If you know what is causing your hair loss, then finding a solution becomes easier – you just need to change that particular habit or bring about the required change in your routine and the hair loss should stop or at the least, reduce. Here are some steps on how to control hair fall naturally:
- Gentle hair care routine: Avoid harsh brushing, especially when the hair is wet. Use a wide-tooth comb and be gentle to prevent unnecessary stress on the strands. While using heat based tools such as blow dryers, straighteners and curling irons might seem nice, try to keep them for only when needed. And if you do have to use the hair dryer, use it on a cool setting.
- Protective hairstyles: Opt for hairstyles that minimize stress on the hair, such as loose braids or ponytails. Avoid tight hairstyles that pull on the hair. Hair styles like corn rows or very tight braids can cause immense strain on the hair and lead to breakage. Try to tie your hair in loose styles, as much as possible, but do not leave it open too much either.
- Balanced diet: Ensure your diet is rich in vitamins and minerals, particularly those essential for hair health, such as biotin, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids. You can talk to a nutritionist and ask for advice, but overall, green leafy vegetables, lean meats, fatty fish and legumes are all good items to include in your diet for better hair.
- Hydration: Keep your body and hair well-hydrated. Drinking enough water and using moisturizing hair products can combat dryness and breakage.
- Natural hair masks: Treat your hair to nourishing masks using natural ingredients like coconut oil, avocado, honey, yoghurt and eggs and other natural ingredients. These ingredients can provide deep hydration and strengthen the hair, reducing hair loss. You can make many of these hair masks at home quite easily and these can be used on a weekly basis.
The role of hair oils and hair serums in hair fall control naturally
One of the easiest hair fall natural remedy has to be using a good quality oil – a weekly champi session might work wonders for your hair. Most often, people tend to choose coconut oil, but should you choose indē wild’s Champi Hair Oil for better results. This hair oil is a combination of not only multiple powerful oils, but also potent ingredients such as brahmi, amla and hibiscus. When used on a regular basis, you can be sure that your hair will become a lot strong and more nourished, which means that you will lose less hair.
Similarly, hair serums that contain natural ingredients can add an extra layer of protection to the hair shaft. They help in smoothing the hair, reducing frizz, and preventing breakage caused by environmental factors and styling tools. Pick Moonlight Scalp Serum, which has not only natural ingredients such as burdock and gotu kola, but also chemical actives like Procapil, Baicapil and Redensyl. The formula has been designed to work on and improve scalp health, because from healthy scalp comes healthy hair.
If you are looking for ways on how to stop hair breakage naturally, consider all these points and make the necessary lifestyle changes. More importantly, include indē wild’s Champi Hair Oil and Moonlight Scalp Serum in your haircare routine and watch the magic they work!