FEATURED | Jun 23, 2022
Selfcare with Mom, with a dose of Ayurvedistry™
Here are some of our favorite DIY face masks to try with Mom this Mother’s Day weekend. Mom is sure to appreciate our added Ayurvedistry™ touch!
As common in desi (South Asian diaspora) households, generational skincare rituals are passed on from grandmothers to mothers to children — age-old methods that promote flawless, glowing skin using ingredients from the kitchen. Here are some of our favorite DIY face masks to try with Mom this Mother’s Day weekend. Mom is sure to appreciate our added Ayurvedistry™ touch!
THE OG BESAN FACE MASK
This besan face mask has earned its stripes as a popular DIY skincare routine in desi homes for generations. Besan, also known as gram flour, is an alkaline in nature that targets numerous skin concerns such as acne, removal of excess oil, and rejuvenation for bright, radiant skin.
- Start with two tablespoons of besan/gram flour.
- Add one tablespoon of plain yogurt
- Add half a tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
- Add a pinch of turmeric (optional)
- Mix thoroughly to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste generously on your face and neck
- Leave on 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off with cold water
- Apply the AM Sunrise Glow Serum for all-day glow and to keep the skin nourished
THE TOMATO FACE MASK
Tomato juice works as a natural astringent and constricts pores while inhibiting the accumulation of dirt and oil. Simply rubbing tomato slices onto your face can help shrink pores and even the skin. Next time you make a salad remember to feed your skin with this super easy mask.
- Start with a tablespoon of cooked oatmeal (or oatmeal flour)
- Add a tablespoon of plain tomato juice
- Add a table spoon of plain yogurt
- Mix the three ingredients thoroughly
- Gently apply the paste on the face and neck, using your fingers
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off with tepid water
- Apply the PM Sunset Restore Serum for continued overnight skin rejuvenation
THE ’TAKE A CHILL PILL’ FACE MASK
Beat the heat this summer with this easy, refreshing DIY facemask. Grab yourself a slushy and give your skin a break too! Cucumber and watermelon are packed with Vitamin C and other skin-reviving agents that help eliminate dead skin cells. These ingredients provide your skin with a powerful healthy glow.
- Grate one-fourth of a cucumber
- Add 2-3 chopped watermelon pieces
- Add few drops of aloe and/or rose water for cooling, calming vibes (optional)
- Mix both ingredients thoroughly
- Gently apply onto your face and neck, using your fingers
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Follow with the AM Sunrise Glow Serum or the PM Sunset Restore Serum
*NOTE: As with any new skincare additions such as the ingredients mentioned here, we recommend patch testing on a small area of skin before full application.
We hope you enjoy this special weekend! We’d love to see your selfcare routine with Mom — tag @indewild on IG!
Sending all our love to you and all the mothers, like-mothers, soon-to-be mothers, and mothers by heart in your life! Happy Mom’s Day!
join our tribe
Be sure that you will not miss our latest news!